what is google analytics?
Google Analytics is a freemium web analyticsservice offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analyticsservice on the Internet.
How do I setup G-Analytics?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
How do I sign up for Google Analytics?
- Click here to go to Google Analytics. …
- Once you have signed in to your Google account, click Access Google Analytics.
- Click Sign up.
- Fill in your Account Name, Website Name, Website URL, and select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone.
What is GA and how does it work?
How can I monitor traffic on my website?
- Step 1: Link a Google Analytics account to your site. To track traffic to your site, link a Universal Analytics account to your page. Go to the Analytics site. …
- Step 2: Turn on its tracking for your site. Open your website in Google Sites. Click More options Manage site.
What is my Google Analytics account ID?
Tracking ID and property number. The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
How do I add a site to this facility?
- Go to https://www.google.com/analytics/ and click on Access Google Analytics at the top right.
- Once you are logged in, click on Admin at the top.
- In the middle Property column, click on the dropdown and Create new property.
- Fill in your website details and click Get Tracking ID button.
What is the use of this property?
This is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google for tracking and reports website traffic.
Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.